YOUR GUIDE TO VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
You must be thinking, should I do it? I am here to tell you yes you should. Volunteering is such a rewarding experience and afterward, you just feel good about yourself. Here is a short guide on how the applicant to teacher process works.
Understand our purpose:
- We are here to offer educational activities, not school. The classes are all hands-on and motor skill-oriented. We want to bring the kids together and we want them to have fun. Adhering to the curriculum is not our number one goal. Having them enjoy the class is.
- After you have understood, ask yourself:
- Is this the right program for you?
- Do you want to make a difference?
Look through the programs:
- Are there any that particularly interest you?
- Are there any you want to create?
- What can you offer to the management team?
- Can you make the times?
- Go to the sign-up page located at the top right corner of the page. Some alternative methods of getting to that page are clicking the "Sign-Up!" button on the home page or the pictures next to the program descriptions.
- Click the sign-up button under "As A Volunteer".
- Prior to completing the form, please read through the instructions at the top of the page. (I'm pretty sure you've done that already if you're here ;) )
- You will be able to select two classes to teach and possibly a management position. Be aware of what you choose for your first option. If the program leader in that program accepts you there, you will be teaching that class without being considered in your second choice.
- Fill out your information and click submit. Our HR will get back to you in a couple of days to confirm your acceptance or rejection.
Congrats! You made it through the first screening.
- That is purely based on how you presented yourself in your application. Those applications are quite important huh?
- Our HR would have sent you an email about an orientation date. Please confirm with them whether or not you will be able to make it.
- You will be admitted into the Google Drive and Facebook group prior to your orientation.
Your orientation happens! Ahhh!!!
- Please make sure to watch the training videos afterward.
After your orientation, you will be added to the Facebook group chats and Slack groups.
- Please try to download Slack.
- Congrats! You made it through the first screening.
Your HR representative will tell you the rest. This is all you will need to know for now. Good luck!